The Town Where We Didn’t Go To The Lakeside

I guess you must have become tired of all my pictures of the Bodensee… Luckily for you, our last stop at the Bodensee was so beautiful, that we even didn’t go to the lake. Amazing, isn’t it? This magical place is called Meersburg.

As soon as you are in the old center of town, you forget everything about the Bodensee. The medieval, colorful buildings are enchanting! We went for a walk and saw the Old Castle (built in the 7th century) and the New Castle (from the 18th century). There are also two gates (remains of fortifications) and half-timbered houses.

We felt so lucky that we had found this gem! So, we decided to celebrate and then things got slightly out of hand…

• VisitSiena November 15, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Bodensee never too much 🙂

• fgh47 November 15, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Yes, the Bodensee is really so worth while. I could stay there for a long time. The lake, the nature, the nearby cities and being close to three or four countries within some few hours of driving.

• mrylyn66 November 15, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I never get tired of your beautiful pictures. I wish I was there with you!

• fgh47 November 15, 2013 at 6:30 pm

We are quite happy with living here. In Europa, I mean. Ingrid has been to the USA, and is still exhilrated about the trip. But I think, she has seen so many wonderful places here, that she can compare the two continents. Not that they are alike, but both places have their charm. I believe the USA more for the nature, but that might be a prejudice. We appreciate your very encouraging words about our pictures.

• theliteratecondition November 16, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Ditto–never too much Bodensee. Thank you for posting. Feeling the ache and longing, and enjoying your photos.

• fgh47 November 17, 2013 at 3:58 pm

It would be a pleasure for me, if you went on a trip to the Bodensee. But maybe you have already been there? Even if you have, there are still breathtaking places in the area.

• theliteratecondition November 18, 2013 at 1:19 am

It has been many years since I visited. Your trip and photos have me wanting to travel there again. If I go, I will take photos and share with you 🙂

• HollandTraveler Esther November 17, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Very lovely pictures. Makes we want to go there!

• fgh47 November 20, 2013 at 4:33 pm

It was a special place. And to think, that we didn’t go to the lake, proves how wonderful this small town is with its old houses and decorations on both the houses and fountains and the plants that grow on the houses