Germany’s Highest Waterfall

At least, that is what the tourist information office in Freiburg said. The brochure of the nature park claims it as well. Triberg has got the highest waterfall of Germany.

Unfortunately, it is a false claim. According to Wikipedia, the Triberger Waterfall is one of the highest waterfalls of Germany, but the highest is actually the Rothbachfall. Anyway, the one in Triberg is 163 meters high and is quite spectacular. You have to walk about 2 kilometers before you can see the waterfall and about 500 meters before you arrive, you can already hear its thundering sound. We first thought that there was a train passing by!

When we finally saw the waterfall, we realized that we had forgotten our tripod… Neither of us felt like going back to the car. I did experiment with some of the settings of my Canon, but as you can guess some of the results were a bit blurred.

• Colline November 11, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I love the pictures you took of the waterfall. It certainly is a beautiful spot.

• fgh47 November 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Yes, very lovely place to go.

• absengeralois November 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Wonderful!

• fgh47 November 12, 2013 at 7:54 pm

It is worth the walk to it. We enjoyed the power of the water, which keeps coming apparently forever

• fgh47 November 12, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Thank you for the links. And accidentally we have recently decided to explore the southwest of Germany. Das Dreiländer Eck, has a lot of beauty and charme, and I have the impression that people love their home environment in the Schwarzwald. I talked with a local, and he said: “Alles ist nicht sehr weit hier unten”. And Switzerland and France aren’t very far either. An ideal place to enjoy life, I think

• fgh47 November 13, 2013 at 6:48 pm

We are often in Germany. I am a great admiror of Germany, German culture, nature and not least the language. It is very interesting with the links, and it is our plan to explore this part of Germany even more. Ingrid tends more to English. Also an interesting language. All languages have their charme, and you have to make a choice of three-four languages, and you can get along in most of Europa

• Columns current affair pakistan press November 11, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Reblogged this on Demands freedom of the right.

• fgh47 November 12, 2013 at 8:06 pm

• sueslaght November 11, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Beautiful photos tripod or not!

• fgh47 November 13, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Thanx. Luck has a word to speak, when you take photos, which can’t be reshot

• klweston1984 November 12, 2013 at 9:41 pm

A gorgeous find, which you seem to have captured beautifully!

• fgh47 November 13, 2013 at 6:55 pm

The waterfall is really worth while. Even if you have to walk some paths. If you see the water, it looks like a drawing from the romantic era in the 19th century. It is a special photographer’s trick, and it has to do with the exposure of the picture

• LeeN November 13, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Love waterfalls! Didn’t know Germany had such great ones – must-visits…(!)

• fgh47 November 13, 2013 at 6:58 pm

It surely is impressive. A place you should have seen, if you want to be really swept away. But if you stay at the path, you don’t risk to be swallowed by the stream

• Bongo November 13, 2013 at 7:08 pm

What a beautiful place. I can feel the spray on me already. Are there any swimming holes there?

• fgh47 November 13, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I think, I must disappoint you, Bongo. Swimming is not possible neither for dogs nor people. But it surely is beautiful to look at. Wuf!

• SueBee and Kat November 14, 2013 at 5:50 am

Really nice – tallest or not, it’s gorgeous! ~SueBee

• fgh47 November 15, 2013 at 6:56 pm

It is not always the fact that larger, higher, bigger and most spectacular makes a greater experience both in nature and and building of houses and other things. Not always a big American car is better, safer and more luxurious than the European ones, just because they are bigger. Or Japanese for that sake. I write this only to say that the saying “bigger ist better” not is the case

• Bronwyn Joy @ Journeys Of The Fabulist November 16, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Where was wikipedia when we went to see “the highest waterfall” in Freiburg many years ago? At least we had a nice trip.

• fgh47 November 17, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Was it so lang ago that the internet wasn’t so common? It has changed many peoples’ lives, mostly positively. Good that you had a fine trip

• gallivance.net November 17, 2013 at 11:13 am

The waterfall is truly gorgeous! I love the photos of it flowing over the rocks. ~Terri

• fgh47 November 17, 2013 at 4:24 pm

And it is marvelous to stand there looking and listening to the sound. Some of the best experiences, you can have

• Laura4NYC November 17, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Going back to fetch your tripod would have probably taken you another hour. 😉 Nice pictures. I certainly haven’t checked this waterfall out, maybe the next time I am in Germany.

• fgh47 November 20, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I hadn’t heard of it either, even if I am an incarnated European. I have been in big parts of Germany, also in the Schwarzwald, but I haven’t seen it or heard about this waterfall

• kathryningrid November 18, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Even if they *do* have a slightly exaggerated sense of their relative height, these *are* beautiful falls! 😉

• fgh47 November 20, 2013 at 4:04 pm

It isn’t the Niagara. But sometimes less is more. I have never been in the USA, and so I haven’t seen the falls in Niagara.

• Amy November 20, 2013 at 2:31 am

Amazing scenery! Great photos of the waterfalls!

• fgh47 November 20, 2013 at 4:07 pm

We are glad, you like it. Both the scenery and Ingrid’s photo. Ingrid is going to buy some accessories for her camera, so we are excited, if we can make even better pictures.

• swtravelAzerbaijan November 22, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I went to Germany so many times but usually my visist were limited to Berlin’s airports and train stations. Thanks for your post – makes me want to visit the country properly!

• fgh47 November 23, 2013 at 5:21 pm

You should do it. When you are there, just take some extra days and experience the country. There is everything, you can think of. Nature, very variated, beautiful cities and high mountains in the south. And a rich cultural life with all kinds of art, music and new and comtemporay art, naturally the old masters. Enjoy!

• sw travel November 25, 2013 at 7:14 am

Thanks a lot – will do 🙂 Have a good week!