Enchanting Langenargen

Just when Lars and I thought that things couldn’t get better, we arrived in Langenargen.

Again, Lars and I quickly found a place to park the car. But we were in for quiet a surprise when we arrived on the beach. I expected to see the usual: the lake, people kayaking or going for a walk or just sitting in the sand, some clouds at the horizon, … And we did see that. And more!

We actually had a good view of Schloss Montfort, a very charming Moorish-style palace. Part of it has been turned into a restaurant, as far as we could see. Somehow this building gave Langenargen an exotic touch and I immediately felt transported back to the Balkans. Or maybe I have a very vivid imagination…

• AnaLuciaSilva November 14, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Great shots =)

• fgh47 November 15, 2013 at 6:08 pm

• HotPressJess November 15, 2013 at 12:27 am

Reblogged this on HotPressJess and commented:
    My Guestpost series kicks off today with “Road Tripping Europe”. These guys aren’t covering your typical Europe, but expanding upon lesser-shared sites, including my favorite: former Yugoslav Republics. Aloha to you in Europe and abroad.

–Jessica

• fgh47 November 15, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Europa may not be so large, but due to the Iron Curtain that was here from after the war until 1989, it has increased almost to the double. There are still places in the East that are connected with bureaucracy. Russia and some countries around the Black Sea. But more and more gets opened of the East, former Sowjet republics, for instance. And this is paradise to us. To see all this places, we had only heard about. As a matter of facts it happens that countries, we were in, but which were not very known, one or two years later are on the list of goals for more and more people. I don’t know, if we are trendsetters, but it is funny to see that we get ideas, before the places are discovered by new people. Croatia. 60 years ago, or so, it was part of the stalinist republic Jugoslavia. And now two former republics of Jugoslavia are members of the EU. What a development.

• HotPressJess November 15, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Thank you for your insight. This is refreshing!

• fgh47 November 17, 2013 at 3:53 pm